We are currently completing the last phase of R&D on our hempcrete wall system. At our Calgary-based facility, we are working with SAIT Polytechnic and the Alberta Biomaterials Development Centre developing a prefabricated, high-performance wall construction system that uses only pure, natural, locally-sourced industrial hemp. (Please ask us about our involvement in ongoing effects to grow & process industrial hemp in British Columbia). This Biomass Earthen-Wall system uses innovative processes and traditional techniques to create walls of the quality found in European and Asian buildings that remain standing after centuries.
Our wall system:
- Can be sourced from almost 100% local materials.
- Insulates to values exceeding R-20 with high thermal inertia.
- Is completely non-toxic and free of synthetics.
- Is designed to create beautiful buildings that will last centuries.
- Meets the Cradle to Cradle® design philosophy. Also see Our Wall System page.